5 requirements to foster or adopt in Arizona
Here are five basic requirements to foster or adopt in Arizona.
In order to get started with the fostering or adoption process, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a legal US and Arizona resident
- Live in an apartment, rented home, or owned home
- Be able to pass a fingerprint-based criminal history records check
- Have the ability to get licensed (which agencies will assist you to do)
The State does not require you to be: married, a particular age, a stay-at-home parent, in a “traditional” family. Successful foster parents come from a wide range of backgrounds and circumstances. What’s most important is the willingness to open your home to a child in need.
If you meet these requirements, learn how you can begin the process of becoming a foster or adoptive parent. Agencies may have additional requirements.