Here are five basic requirements to foster or adopt in Arizona.
In order to get started with the fostering or adoption process, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a legal US and Arizona resident
- Live in an apartment, rented home, or owned home
- Be able to pass a fingerprint-based criminal history records check
- Have the ability to get licensed (which agencies will assist you to do)
The State does not require you to be: married, a particular age, a stay-at-home parent, in a “traditional” family. Successful foster parents come from a wide range of backgrounds and circumstances. What’s most important is the willingness to open your home to a child in need.
If you meet these requirements, learn how you can begin the process of becoming a foster or adoptive parent. Agencies may have additional requirements.