KIDS Consortium is a non-profit designated Arizona Commission Corporation established for the purpose of coordinating the recruitment of foster and adoptive homes in Maricopa County. We are comprised of 24 licensing agencies contracted with the Department of Child Safety. We aim to collaborate as agencies and with community partners to provide quality foster and adoptive homes to improve the well-being of youth in foster care.
KIDS Consortium partner agencies help prospective foster and adoptive parents to become licensed to welcome children into their home through foster care or adoption.
The KIDS Consortium will present information about foster and adoptive children to the public. We will promote and coordinate recruitment and orientation activities. We will address issues regarding training, certification and licensing of persons wanting to provide temporary and permanent homes for children and to the contracted agencies that provide such related services. We will provide collaboration to address contract and programmatic issues and concerns. To accomplish the above purpose, the Arizona KIDS Consortium will establish objectives and program priorities.
Every day, we are helping:
- Children in need of a safe, peaceful and loving home
- Adoptive and foster families in need of resources and advice
- Systems in need of advocacy and accountability
- Chair – Tanya Abdellatif, Southwest Human Development (Term: 2020 – 2022)
- Co-Chair – Kristina Gonzalez, A New Leaf (Term: 2021 – 2023)
- Secretary – Sabrina Shabal, Southwest Human Development (Term: 2020 – 2022)
- Treasurer – Rebecca Nichols, Safe Haven Services (Term: 2021 – 2023)
- Blitz Subcommittee Chair – Jo Ann Lachance, Casey Family Programs (Term: 2021 – 2023)
- Recruitment Subcommittee Co-Chair – Adam Desnous, A Circle Together (Term: 2020 – 2022)
- Recruitment Subcommittee Co-Chair – Julie Mohline, Christian Family Care (Term: 2021 – 2023)
- Special KIDS Subcommittee Chair – Laurie Lockyer, HRT (Term: 2020 – 2022)
We work hard but we can’t do it alone. Our partner agencies are on the front lines helping Arizona’s most vulnerable children and families. See a full list of our Partner Agencies
For questions about foster care or adoption, call:
Arizona Kids-Need-U Hotline
Phone: 877-KIDS-NEED-U (877-543-7633)